Financial Analyst – Job #13408
Job # 13408
70K+ based on experience
Durham Region, ON
We are hiring a Financial Analyst for a growing Medical Cannabis company based in the Durham Region to start Jan 7th, 2019. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone who is looking for an opportunity that is well rounded and part of a close-knit team. In addition to providing a rewarding work environment and work-life balance, our client is in the process of going public making this a really exciting time to join a respected organization in an interesting industry.
Reporting into the Finance Director, the analyst would be responsible for:
• Compiling & analyzing financial information to help with entries related to General Ledger/AP/AR
• Assisting with cost analysis and inventory analysis and making recommendations
• Maintaining, coordinating & implementing accounting controls & procedures
• Preparing P&Ls and month-end closing statements & cost-accounting reports
• Checking inter-company transactions: Bank reconciliations, payroll, petty cash transactions
• Other Accounting & finance related duties as assigned
What do you bring?
• CPA, CMA designated is required
• 3 – 5 years of progressive finance & accounting experience
• Intermediate – Advanced Excel user
• Experienced in cost accounting is strongly preferred
• 2 years’ accounting experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred
What’s on offer?
• Competitive salary based on experience
• Comprehensive benefits package & vacation
• Approachable & hands on Manager who is a real mentor
• Long term career growth opportunities
If you have the skill sets we are looking for and want to be part of an interesting industry & an organization that is growing, apply now or refer a friend!