Our client located in Newmarket is seeking an experienced Pricing Analyst for a 14 month contract to start immediately. Please see a list of the requirements below:
- Analyze, develop and deliver strategic customer pricing proposals designed to achieve targeted growth objectives
- Manage all aspects of pricing via pricing analysis, review, escalations & approvals
- Manage and coordinate master customer pricing database and documentation in an organized way
- Capture all business requirements for all customer pricing initiatives (ie. Inbound and outbound ship costs, handling costs, backend programs, return accruals, discretionary accruals, etc)
- Collaborate effectively with Sales, Product, Operations, and Finance to develop, automate and communicate pricing strategies internally across the company
- Manage and communicate pricing initiatives and business rationales across all teams
- Assist in developing effective corporate pricing-related policies, standards, strategies, sales aids and tools for sales force in all channels
- Work closely with Product, Sales & Finance during all new customer and new vendor set ups
- Keep abreast with all internal and external cost changes. Update foreign exchange rate changes as required
- Support other teams in Product, Sales and Operations projects
- Work with IT to build, integrate and improve current pricing systems, assets and tools
- Establish and maintain procedures for review and adjusting of strategic pricing based on changing economic, competitive landscape, and customer perception of value
- Coordinate internally with Sales for list price setting exercises
- Manage profitability report and review sku, vendor and customer profitability on monthly basis with senior team
- Other duties may be assigned
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience in a Pricing Analyst or similar position within a complex, fast moving organization, ideally within the consumer retail electronics space
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, in cross-functional teams interacting on a daily basis across the organization at all levels, often at senior levels
- Experience in pricing within a Distribution organization and working experience with retailers will be a great asset
- Ability to make complex decisions with limited information on short timeframes
- Excellent project management, quantitative analysis and statistical modeling skills required and the ability to use data analysis effectively to impact business decisions and strategies
- Must have advanced ability to work with MS software particularly with Excel.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate and negotiate in a respectful and professional manner while negotiating pricing decisions and strategies that are in the best interest of the company
- Flexibility to manage various projects with competing deadlines and the ability to prioritize projects to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of various pricing methodologies
- Knowledge of Sage 3000 ERP is an asset
- Learn – continuously. And help others learn too!
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Finance Degree or College Diploma in business, product management or marketing fields.
- Excellent computer skills. Advanced knowledge of MS Office.
- Experience working in a consumer electronics retail environment is an asset.