Job # 13574
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Payroll Administrator is responsible
for assisting in multiple financial activities relating to the organizations bi-weekly
payroll functions, attention to detail are crucial in this complex payroll environment which
includes hourly, salaried and unionized employees in multiple locations.
- – Ensure compliance to collective agreements, government legislation and company policy.
- – Process time sheet hours received from all locations and prepare bi-weekly payroll for 1,000 + employees.
- – Complete changes to employee records and set up new hires.
- – Record employee information such as exemptions, transfers and resignations in order to maintain and update accurate payroll records.
- – Ensure payroll information is fully documented and duly authorized.
- – Reconcile and process third party remittances and source deductions.
- – Process manual payroll related payments as required.
- – Timely distribution of electronic pay stubs and resolution of any undeliverable items.
- – Process and issue ROE’s for separation of employment within required deadlines and submit to Service Canada.
- – Process and complete annual T4’s, T4A’s and balance all information and related summaries within CRA filing deadline.
- – Review electronic time cards and related information in order to detect and reconcile payroll discrepancies.
- – Conscientious of legislative changes and compliance issues.
- – Identify and process taxable benefits.
- – Create new and supplemental reporting methods to aid management in proactive problem-solving.
- – College diploma in accounting
- – Canadian Payroll Association (PCP) certification
Knowledge and Experience:
- – Minimum 2-5 years experience
- – Not-for-profit exposure is a definite asset
- – Experience with hourly, salaried and union payroll in a multi-site environment
- – Up to date knowledge of payroll legislation and best practices
- – Advanced knowledge of CRA regulations and filing deadlines
- – Current understanding of Service Canada requirements and procedures
- – Experience in ACCPAC considered to be an asset
- – Competency in using intermediate/advanced features of Excel
- – Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- – Ability to exercise discretion and attentive to details
- – Commitment to ongoing research of payroll legislation
- – Ability to meet strict confidentiality standards of the organization
Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, and quote Job # 13574.